- 1/2 cup organic turmeric powder (125 mls)
- 1 cup coconut water (250 mls) you may need to add a little bit more to get the desired paste consistency
- 1 teaspoon of ground black pepper (7.5 mls) the compound piperine found in black pepper enhances the bio-availability of curcumin by 2000%
- 1/4 cup (70 ml) organic, un-refined, virgin Coconut Oil alternatively if you do not like the taste of coconut try organic cold pressed Olive Oil.
- Optional Honey (2 teaspoons) or try nutmeg, cinnamon or cardamom (1 teaspoon)
- Place coconut water and turmeric in a small saucepan over low to medium heat.
- Stir constantly until you have a thick paste, approximately 7 to 8 minutes.
- Remove from heat and whisk in coconut oil, black pepper (add honey if you choose to now)
- Cool and put into a glass jar with a tight-fitting lid.
- Store in the fridge.
- It lasts for 1-2 months.
- Dilute and consume 1-2 teaspoons of the turmeric paste per day in warm water, juices teas, golden milk, nut butter, stir-fries dressings, stews and anything you can think of! You can even just eat a teaspoon of the (with honey as it tastes better!) paste directly.
Until next time..
Be human, be kind, be you.