Our Mission & Values
FIFTY7KIND has strong ethics and values encompassing; honesty, quality, sustainability, and excellence; these are focused on every day. With a love of nature, animals, our planet and its diversity each of these is encompassed into our mission:
- / EMBRACE / The simplicity and the knowledge that you can achieve more with less.
- / BELIEVE / In the power of plant-based products to renew, relax, and transform the way you feel.
- / TRUST / In the healing power of plants .
- / PROMISE / High ethical standards - all our products are crafted using the finest, certified organic, biodynamic, wild-harvested ingredients we can source. Australia first then further afield if necessary, it is both the quality and the sustainability of our raw ingredients which matter the most.
- / SAFE / Our products are formulated to be safe for your skin's microbiome, our products will not strip away or disturb your skin's homeostasis because this gives rise to everything from wrinkles to rosacea.
- / TRANSPARENT / We proudly publish our full INCI lists on our website, our blog is bursting with interesting and educational facts relating to ingredients we choose to incorporate into our formulations.
- / AUSTRALIAN / Formulated and Made (with love) and owned.
- / CRUELTY-FREE / Our products are not tested on Animals only humans.
- / VEGAN / Contain NO animal by-products
- / MINIMAL PLASTIC / Housed in Miron Violet glass - chemicals in plastics can leach out of the bottles into the formulations (Essential oils can eat into the plastic.) Plastic pollution is a massive worldwide problem.
- / RECYCLABLE + BIODEGRADABLE / Materials for our shipping boxes, Product boxes, Greenwrap (instead of using plastic foam beans) and printed material. Labels for bottles are printed using plant inks, on 100% recycled, non-chlorine bleached papers using solar power to reduce our overall environmental impact.
- / SUSTAINABLE / We choose to only incorporate sustainable, organic, responsibly wildcrafted, biodynamic cosmetic ingredients directly from nature in our formulations.
- / AFFINITY / Plant-based Ingredients are better for your skin (and microbiome), the environment and for your body, your skin recognizes and can utilize the plant compounds.
- / NATURE / Is our medicine cabinet, and it can and should be farmed in a sustainable, renewable organic or biodynamic way, for the health of our food chain, animals and planet, and the future.
OUR BRAND NAME AND TAG LINE SUCCINCTLY DESCRIBES OUR COURE VALUES - be human | be kind | be you. #BEHUMANBEKINDBEYOU
SUSTAINABILITY - EARTH FIRST PRINCIPLES
- Packaging Peanuts - 100% biodegradable, water soluble and compostable at home.
- Black Shipping Box - 100% post consumer waste and recyclable.
- Compostable Courier Satchels - Partly made from plants, biodegradable with no toxic residues (or micro-plastics) these are compostable at home.
- Padded Bubble Pack - Made from corn starch 100% biodegradable, and compostable at home.
- Sticky Tape - Compostable, Biodegradable does not emit Eco toxicity.
- Cosmetic Boxes - Are 100% FSC Certified Paper - Forest Stewardship Council, an organization that works to promote the practice of sustainable forestry worldwide.
- A world first - Cosmetic labels manufactured from recycled polyethylene (post consumer waste) the raw materials for the labels originates from Industrial waste and Single-use PE (plastic) commonly discarded by households plastic bottles and packaging remains. Gives a second life to un-usable plastic, produced from 100% recycled waste, helping keep plastic out of landfill, waterways and the ocean. Printed with plant based bio-degradable inks.
- Thank you and information cards - Are 100% post consumer waste, recyclable printed with plant based inks.
- Printed in Australia - At carbon neutral manufacturing facility.
- Waterless Manufacturing - All FIFTY7KIND products are produced without the use of water - the only water used in the entire manufacturing process is to clean equipment.
- Waterless Products - Commitment to lowering water usage by being conscious of water usage, helping to conserve our water supply, products are more concentrated by nature meaning your are able to use less, leading to less packaging, less consumption, less transportation; and a positive effect on the environment.
- Sustainable - All ingredients are meticulously sourced, are traced to the source or directly from the source (fair trade certified where applicable) only from sustainable growers, Certified Organic, Responsibly Wildcrafted, ECO/COSMOS Certified and bio-degradable.
- Minimal Plastic - Miron Glass packaging readily recycled, can be recycled over and over, will not leach harmful chemicals into the environment.
Carefully Considered Sourcing - Select, sustainably sourced, botanical ingredients are sourced directly from cooperatives in remote regions around the world. These cooperatives support the local communities by providing fair trade options or employment - ensuring farming methods used are sustainable.
The Heart's - Enclosed with every order of TANU helps to support a small women’s co-operative in Nepal who hand felt each heart.
Eco-Packaging Alliance - FIFTY7KIND is part of the Eco-Packaging Alliance contributing to global reforestation, with our eco-friendly packaging, our custom tissue paper and stickers - each new packaging order plants trees.